Monthly Archives

July 2020

May 26, 2020

By | Meeting Minutes | No Comments

Attendees: Carole Somers-Clark, President; Kathryn Warren, Past-President; Heather Perlowski, Social Media; Carol Rybarski, Social Chair; Jane Rogers, HOC Rep; Kenda North, Communications; Cheryl Aukeman, Vice-President and Greenspace Rep; John Ellis, Treasurer; and Michelle Touchet, Secretary

  1. Treasurer’s Report-John
    1. Financial Report/Funding
      1. 2 new dues payments (58/206 homes joined)
      1. Directory
        1. Cost ~$600
        1. HOC Grant Requested  (Jane) for ~$300
      1. Art project @ Sylvan-30 underpass ($14,000 needed)
        1. General Board Consensus: nice artistic design, great idea; art is expensive
        1. Cheryl is going to ask GreenSpace to donate $ at their next meeting
        1. SPENA will donate $1500 to the project
  2. Directory-Kenda
    1. New spreadsheet—yay, Kenda and John!
    1. Paper vs Online
      1. Online should be pre-populated
        1. Only Name and address pre-populated
        1. More details could be added if residents want to create a login
      1. Wynnewood has both; Winnetka has paper only
      1. Send Kenda any questions you may have, and she will talk to Vicki
      1. Kenda will ask Vicki if we can create something that residents can print themselves.
  3. Website & Social Media-Heather (mobile: 469 580 6331)
    1. Please send her any pics or posts for Facebook/Insta/Website
    1. Instagram handle: Stevens_Park_Estates_SPENA
    1. Website: SPENA.org
  4. Social Events-Carol R.
    1. Welcome Basket in the Time of COVID-19
      1. Ask if they even Want a basket (via email or note on door)
      1. Suggestions: leave basket on doorstep; gift card to local restaurant or cookie from vendor in lieu of home baked cookies; SPENA Board member closest to new neighbor is the most logical person to deliver the basket.
  5. Other Business
    1. Constant Contact Messages-Census Reminder (Kathryn to write up and forward to Kenda)
    1. Rod Turns 80!!!!!!!! June drive by parade!

The next Board Mtg will be June 30th @ 7:00 BYO Masks and Socially Distance at Carole Somers-Clark’s Home.

Respectfully submitted, Michelle Touchet.

April 28, 2020

By | Meeting Minutes | No Comments

Attendees: Carole Somers-Clark, President; Kathryn Warren, Past-President; Heather Perlowski, Social Media; Carol Rybarski, Social Chair; Jane Rogers, HOC Rep; Kenda North, Communications; Cheryl Aukeman, Greenspace Rep; John Ellis, Treasurer; and Michelle Touchet, Secretary

  1. Treasurer’s Report-John
    1. 2 new dues
    1. Paid website bill
  2. Directory-Kenda
    1. Time to move to an online format
    1. Cost ~$400 for Vicky Gouge <gouge@fullmoondesigngroup.com> to create our database
      1. She would plug it into our website
      1. Basic information, but members could go in and update their info
      1. John and Kenda will still need to generate an excel sheet with the basic data
  3. Website & Social Media-Heather
    1. Facebook-combined and updated
    1. Instagram-pics uploaded, Stevens_Park_Estates_SPENA
    1. NextDoor-n/a
    1. SPENA.org (website) up to date with meeting minutes
  4. Social Events-Carol R.
    1. Annual Business Meeting-Postponed until ??
    1. Block Party-should we cancel or do a modified party
      1. Food truck with pre-orders?
      1. Some neighborhoods are doing this
      1. FINAL DECISION-Cancel, don’t want someone to get sick at Our event!
  5. COVID19 Update-Carol R.
    1. 60+ stay at home
    1. Cancel all non-essential events
    1. For events: hand washing, social distancing, etc…
  6. HOC Grants-Jane
    1. Deadline May 15, 2020
    1. Irrigation for triangle park
      1. Need to make sure we know who “owns” this property (The City of Dallas owns it.)
      1. Past investigations showed irrigation prohibitively expensive
    1. Website design (2020 online directory project)
      1. Kenda will write up a draft proposal for the online directory project
    1. Social Activities (2021 block party)
      1. Carole R. can provide verbiage and cost to include in this grant application
    1. Kathryn to provide past grants to Jane for her information (i.e matching grants for sidewalks)
  7. Greenspace-Carol A.
    1. Past 2 meetings have been cancelled
    1. Golf tournament has been scheduled for October
    1. Will put out a mission statement to let folks know who is responsible for all the beauty they are currently enjoying!
    1. Can join/donate GreenSpace
    1. Joe R. has been doing great PR on NextDoor for GreenSpace

The next Board Mtg will be May 26th @ 7:00 Virtually (Michelle to set up Zoom)

Respectfully submitted, Michelle Touchet.