January 17, 2017

SPENA Board Meeting Minutes

Location: Helwig House – 1826 Marydale

Attendees:          Kenda North, Past President

                              Julie Helwig, President

                              Kathryn Warren, Vice President

                              Michelle Stellmaker, Secretary

                              Ellie Hajek, OOCCL Rep & Membership

                              Bryon Adinoff, Greenspace

       I.          Financials

a.      Sidewalk reimbursements – Ellie said Michelle’s spreadsheet is sufficient. Michelle will send to OOCCL.

b.      Savings account access – Still pending

c.      Milner Family donation – $200 from SPENA to Fundme page approved.  Michelle will go online & pay.  We will have a bowl for additional donations at the Membership Party.

d.      Nothing on the water fountain front.

      II.          Logo

a.      Facebook – Logo changed

b.      Website – Logo changed. Background changed to white as JH didn’t like the orange. The website still needs work but much better.

    III.          Membership Party

a.      Invitations door to door – People have their street assignments

b.      Square payment ability will be at the party – Kenda will mention in Constant Contact

c.      Website payment encouragement – Kenda will mention in Constant Contact

d.      Food – Desserts or apps will be contributed from the Board as well as neighbors. Ellie thought Cheryl had secured food donations from Bolsa Mercado. JH will confirm with Cheryl.  

1.      Nametags – Julie

2.      Wine & Beer – Michelle

3.      Nominating Committee announcement at the party – Wilson will present the Board

4.      Membership Table – Sign -up sheet complete.

5.      Bartender duties? Cheryl do we need a bartender/have a bartender?

6.      First Friday sign-up sheet

7.      Signature drink?

    IV.          Spam

a.      Sent a note to Dreamhost – they do not see that we got hacked. Ged was the only one with this concern. The rest of the Board does not believe they are getting spam.

b.      JH can’t figure out how to log in to webmail. JH will figure out at some point. Not urgent.

     V.          Directory

a.      Kenda is plugging away

b.      Directory will be passed out door to door.  We are not giving them out at the party.

 

Next Board meeting Tuesday Feb 21st.